Thursday, August 7, 2008

Top Five Songs Over 10 Minutes

I should start this post with a disclaimer: this list excludes live tracks, Jazz, and any other ambient/vocal-less piece. I could dedicate a much more in depth post covering Jazz, but I'll leave that honor to Mike. Enjoy.

Running Time: 13:38
"Welcome to the Pleasuredome" by Frankie Goes to Hollywood

Running Time: 11:11
"A Sailor's Life" by Fairport Convention

Running Time: 10:47
"Marquee Moon" by Television

Running Time: 10:21
"Sinnerman" by Nina Simone

Running Time: 10:11
"Station to Station" by David Bowie

Unfortunately, I was an unable to find a suitable version of any of these songs on youtube (never mind that most missed the running time by a substantial margin), so if you want to sample any of these tunes you'll have to either use your own resources, befriend me, or send me a money order for $7.12. Yeah, or you could just ask nicely.

No comments: