Friday, July 18, 2008

Top Five Albums of the 90s

Ah, the 90s. The decade that I came into full and awkward awareness of myself. Being 6 inches taller than everyone else and hitting puberty way too early. And middle school. Those were the days. Anybody seen my pogs?

The funniest part about this list is that I didn't discover a single one of these albums until after I had graduated high school. I'll spare you the explanations. Just listen to them. Enjoy.

5. Central Reservation by Beth Orton
sample track: "Stolen Car"



4. Screamadelica by Happy Mondays
sample track: "Movin' on Up"



3. The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill by Lauryn Hill
sample track: "Everything Is Everything"



2. Dog Man Star by The London Suede
sample track: "The Wild Ones"



1. Different Class by Pulp
sample track: "Common People"



***

Honorable Mention:

Mezzanine by Massive Attack
Pills 'n' Thrills and Bellyaches by Happy Mondays
Black on Both Sides by Mos Def

No comments: